Well more for Christmas cheer. not

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barry42001, Dec 24, 2012.

1. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

I have had the misfortune of heading 2 divorces. 1 the last 1 settled about a week and a half ago I do wish I knew how they calculated benefits but somehow they figured I could afford 2000 dollars a paycheck alimony. Additionally the other ex went to court add an addition to the alimony he's already getting 265 dollars per paycheck she will get an additional 200 dollars a paycheck I've not figured out how to expect I should live everything was based on gross paycheck not net so I do not know how much longer I will be able to afford Internet services or pay for the cell phone. In fact there is not a chance that I can pay with a request have anything left over for you and food so I am considering quitting my job if I'm going to live is an indigent in a cardboard box under a bridge and still work to keep somebody else happy I'll be darned if I'm going to do that if that's gonna be my new lifestyle I'll do it on my times and then nobody will get anything I don't see a whole lot of options available to me the system is definitely not truly interested in fair and equitable and now that I posted this rather dour post y'all need try and have a Merry Christmas.
    Barry

2. Omie

Omie New Member

Barry I'm sorry you are having such troubles. I hope things improve for you.

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Dang Barry, I am sorry...I have a friend at work that gave me strict orders to kick him in the goodies the next time he even looked like he was going to get married again. He has had a very similar experience but I think he was on #4! That much money a pay check would cause me to live in a box anyway. I say disappear to Africa and mine gold and be happy and free. You might not like the beekeeping as well down there though...I hear they are mean bees... Seriously, take care of yourself Barry....

4. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

First off thank you all for the replies come to the conclusion lawyers are only as good as the amount of money you willing to pay them and even though I paid this 1 what they asked apparently they thought they needed more they didn't ask for more. What I didn't know even though you have a final divorce can be re opened at any time and brought back into court and attempt to extract more money out of you.
    And the only basis for their decision is your gross salary not your net and I have come to the conclusion that if I am going to live in a box under a bridge eating out of a garbage pail while working my ass off the support 2 people I will leave my job live under that same bridge in a box but at least I'll be on my terms as for my medical problems I'm trying to get as many of them addressed as quickly as possible with all the other issues 1 more thing I really have been going mildly insane trying to figure it out again thank you all and do all have a Merry Christmas.

Barry

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

WOW!! Barry sorry to hear of all of the troubles. Sure hope everything works itself out for you. Sounds like you nee some good thoughts, prayers and peace sent your way!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hang in there Barry. Stress is a funny thing, it can distort your perception and mess you up if you let it (ask me). Take a few deep breaths, collect your thoughts, and share them with someone close to you. Take stock of all the good things you have, forget about the rest for now.
    Very important, put yourself first in the things you do (I know, difficult to do for some, especially at this time of year). You will be of little help to others if you don't first take care of yourself.
    You have to realize that you have had to deal with several issues, each on it's own stressful, and they have all been dropped on you in a very short period of time. Be fair to yourself, and don't think that you can overcome all of them at once. A year and a half ago I tried, and couldn't.
    Things get better, they always do if you let them. :wink: Keep the people and things important to you close and you will be fine.

Thanks for the Christmas wishes and know that they have been returned to you ten-fold by the members here on the forum!

7. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Take care of yourself Barry! Things will get better. We're all pulling for you. Maybe this will bring a smile:

[video=youtube;sCNgdarZUnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNgdarZUnA[/video]

8. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

Great Post Perry
    I couldn't say it any better than Perry already has.
    God Bless and Merry Christmas

9. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Thank you all for the well wishes I do appreciate it really it's really tough to wrap my head around all that's been going on and I truly do appreciate your input I will get it sorted out eventually 1 way or the other again Merry Christmas I don't get in here before happy new yearBarry

10. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Bummer Barry, I hope things turn around for you very soon. Prayers are with you.

11. Minz

Minz Member

Sorry for your pain but thanks for posting dude. My little bride makes me insane crazy twice a year and this is one of them. I know I would never do better so I hang on until January.
    Dumb question for a still married dude but you said that the divorce could be ‘reopened at any time’ could you track expenses and petition the court based on the fact you are now below the poverty line so that the others can live in the means they were accustomed to?

12. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Actually I am pursuing 2 lines--one I believe I was not competently represented in court by my council the results speak for them self, I fully intend to contact the Florida Bar Association.
    The Post Office has whats called EAP or employee assistance program, utilizing that I am seeing a lawyer on the 31st concerning this issue. LOL Minz, perhaps I could apply for alimony then!!!