well sometimes ya get what ya......

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Zookeep, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

1st its too dry for way too long now Im buying scuba gear for the girls, Debbie of the coast is hammering us but Im more worried about the winds then the rain, some of my hives are a bit tall and kinda prone to the winds, all I can do is pray because its too late to go out in this mess and do any real work in the yards:sad:

2. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Wow! I just heard the weather update on Debbie and it seems like you are in the path. Best of luck to you and your hives and I pray all in the path are safe.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Stay safe and maybe the girls have everything propolised together really good (fingers crossed).

4. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Too bad we didn't get all this rain in March and April,I'm sure the honey situation would've been a lot better.

That's Florida weather for ya,if you don't like the current weather hang around a bit,it'll change.[​IMG]

5. Walt B

Walt B New Member

All y'all in Florida and the Gulf coast: STAY SAFE! They say it's going to be a slow and real wet storm

Walt

6. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Thanks for the heads up Walt:thumbsup:...we all have a close eye on it for sure.

7. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

I am on the other side of florida, just south of Jacksonvile, but enough rain habitually swamps everything, hopefully the rain will push some plants into early flowering and bring a quick end to the dearth.
    Barry

8. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

Sarasot is in a "Training area", storms have been coming in right on us for 2 days solid now, starting to think I should have installed floatation devises on my hives, pools over flowed , lost 6 screen panels in cage all ready, its getting ugly

9. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

sun came out for a short time, had to take a fast picture of them, wow they wanted out in a bad way, like kids trapped in the house during summer vacation :lol:

Attached Files:

10. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

one beekeeper in Jacksonville, Fl took pictures of his beeyard showed a palletized group of 4 hives flooded half way up the first brood chamber, entrance totally under water. Suddenly having my hives in the highlands seemed to be a great idea.Barry

11. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

It has been raining here since Saturday night and we are right in the latest path. The pond filled about 14 inches and is overflowing now.
    pond_overflowing.jpg VanCleef_Creek.jpg

12. jim314

jim314 New Member

I hope all you FL beekeepers hives do fine, and especially your homes and property!

13. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Here in Jacksonville, flood warning in effect until 11:15 tonight 2 inches of rain per hour expected:eek::shock::!:

14. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Flood time is another reason to have an upper entrance. Once one of my hives got flooded above the floorboard, didn't have an upper entrance and the whole colony smothered.
    Best of luck to all our tropical storm/pre-hurricane affected beeks. I hope for you all that nothing blows over or away.