Well that was interesting....

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by hlhart2001, Apr 6, 2013.

1. hlhart2001

hlhart2001 New Member

The ladies have arrived and are in their hives...what an experience that was:shock:..especially when bees start to escape out of their nuc boxes into the trunk of the car, your smoker refuses to cooperate, one frame refused to go in(this doesn't make the bees too happy) and one of the Queen cages falls to the bottom of the hive:shock::shock:. Otherwise it was a great day to put them into their new homes:wink:. I gave each hive a deep frame of honey and some sugar water. The pollen is coming on around here(everybody's allergies are telling them so and we do have wildflowers/trees blooming). Crossing fingers that all goes well with the Queens. Here is a pic of the hives... IMG_1345.jpg DSCN0154.jpg IMG_1347.JPG
    ...another of me with bees all over myback ..my dtr took this..I was running in and out of the house with all these very well behaved ladies hitchin' a ride(not knowing they were there)..dtr took the pic and then brushed the bees off my back and one last pic of a little bee enjoying a drop of honey from one of the deep frames I put in...

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Great pics! :thumbsup:
    Is that an inner cover between the boxes?
    I love the mountains in the background of pic 2. Being from British Columbia and now living in Nova Scotia, I miss them.

3. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

very, very cool halley, and awesome pictures!......
    love the mountains, like perry, in the background, and love the honey bee on the honey!

4. hlhart2001

hlhart2001 New Member

Yes it is...we forgot to paint it(that is the 8 frame hive). And those are clouds actually in front of foothills in front of mountains:) That is looking up toward the Pasayten Wilderness. And if you looked west you'd see the North Cascades.