What a nice forum y'all have!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mama Beek, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Hi there. My dd joined this forum just a few hours ago, she's Wally's Baby Beek, and is also a great little beekeeper and all around good girl. Iddee helped our family get into beekeeping and we've enjoyed our 3rd season with bees now. I'm fascinated by how much there is to learn and in awe of these tiny little bugs with so much know how!

We also have two teenage boys in the family who share the work and fun with the bees, I'm sure y'all will be meeting them soon as well. We live in the sandhills part of NC not too far from the sound of artillery and C-130s flying over, but are originally from the hills and hollers of the Show Me state. We are a homeschooling family, and are always trying to learn as much as possible about anything that really strikes our interest.

Looking forward to learning more!

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Glad to see you made it. I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

3. Charles

Charles New Member

Welcome to the board, ditto to what Iddee said, we have a very friendly group here... :wave:

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Welcome to the site hope you can stick around, and good luck with your bees (you have a very good mentor in your presence)

G3

5. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Welcome, Family-of-Beeks!

C-130's! My Dad designed the propellers on that. Or at least on the earlier ones. How's that for trivia?

6. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Hobie: That's the kind of trivia my dh who is a former airforce C-130 mechanic gets a real kick out of!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sure all of us will be reading and posting quite a bit.

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

welcome aboard and step right up and add to the conversation whenever it suits ya'.

yes the bees are a quite fascinating and often time confusing little creature. I supect you know??? that you are quite fortunate to have a mentor like iddee to suggest to you the proper direction or technique or tool to resolve this or that problem with the girls.

8. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

iddee is great! I don't know what we would have done without being able to call him up when there's a problem (or when we just get to missin' him).

I can already tell we are gonna like it here. I've read a lot of forums, but this is the first one I considered letting my kids sign onto.

9. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Mama Beek,

I strongly second your sentiments about the forum. A "friendly" forum. :yahoo:

Walt