Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,599 Posts
Either the queen was injured or she is on that tree. Let me think on this, and I'll post again in a little while

·
Super Moderator
3,599 Posts
A regular shopvac will kill them. I have built a bee vac using my regular shop vac, it takes a collection chamber. It's a fair amount of work if you don't plan on using it for removals. However if you get a bucket head vac from home depot and an orange homer bucket, a keyhole saw drill bit and screen, hot glue gun or some kind glue to attach screen over hole on the homer bucket, you can have a bee vac for less than $30. The screen over the hole reduces the pressure and lets them breathe while they are in the bucket. After they are off the tree, spray that area down with oh vinegar or soapy water or something to take the queen smell off the wood.

I am assuming the queen maybe was injured in the first move. Can you buy a mated queen to put in that hive? Then if you scoop bees to add them, and she's in a cage so they don't attack her (means releasing later unless it's a candy plug), they should move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts