Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb question here... What do the bees do at night? Does the queen lay eggs at night or rest? I figure some are on guard duty against wax moths or other intruders during the night.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
It is always dark in the hive. They continue with all activities other than foraging. They feed the young, clean the house, process the honey, ETC. The only thing that changes is the outside activity. They sleep in shifts day and night.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Funny, until I read this question, I realized I wondered that too. I often look at the beehives from the window at night and wondered if they are resting in a cluster or moving about. Glad to have found the answer to the question. Thanks, Iddee.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
DANG IT now you tell me. I just ordered 80,000 special made sleeping bags for my girls I keep at the house. Guess my money would have been better spent taking momma out to eat :goodpost:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I rest my brain a lot (too much) without sleeping, but given my sense of direction, I must need lots more actual sleep.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
"I rest my brain a lot without sleeping"

I just about sprayed coffee over the keyboard when I read this, without a doubt the best line I have heard in days.

Gotta give this 3 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts