what do you keep in your wallet ?

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by reidi_tim, Jul 1, 2012.

1. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

So what does everybody keep in their car as far as bee equipment? I keep 2 jackets, gloves, duct tape, rubber bands, smoker, smoker fuel, bee shoes, sweat pants, socks, hat, sweat rags, hive tool, lighters, empty frames, screen wire, t50 stapler and staples, cardboard, and a 5 frame nuc ( which I don't have a spare of right now )
    truck.jpg

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I don't have a car
    I have a tool box that sets across the back of my truck, with most things I would need for a removal or swarm catch.
    I have a hooded, veiled jacket and gloves hanging in the cab. I have a camera and 2 laser thermometers between the seats.
    I have gas in the tank and a phone on my side.

As for the topic title, moths and dust.

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Ha! Iddee, I was going to say "spider webs" for the topic title container...

4. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

i don't have a car either, a truck and a jeep wrangler with the seat taken out for better gas mileage and more room for bee equipment that generally doesn't fit in there :lol:

wallet, i am a girly, so i carry a small one, no purse or checkbook, lost them too often in snow banks and other places, i have no cell phone or pager,so the little wallet has a drivers license, credit card, my business card, a cheat card for tipping,:grin: (i don't do math) picures of my grandbabies, and MAYBE 20 bucks. a phone number to call in case of emergency, and a fortune cookie saying that says: "every job is a self portrait of the person who did it. autograph your work with excellence"
    :grin:

5. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Ohh come on Iddee, if I had your money, I'd burn mine lol. I have a 5 gal bucket with hive tool, lighter, smoker, smoker fuel, bee brush, claw hammer, hive staples. Hive comoponents are in the storage shed, as for the wallet debit card for gas, I seldom carry cash.
    Barry

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

During swarming season (April) I used to carry a swarm box but that season is way behind us. Now I carry my Registerred beekeeper's card in my wallet. It serves as proof that I'm allowed to transport hives (and am not a hive thief). The only problem is that, since we sold our station wagon and bought a small car, I can barely fit one complete hive into the trunk.

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I have a 3/4 ton pickup with a canopy. The list of stuff I carry in it would be too extensive to list here. I may take a pic later today.
    But.......................I can assure you........................when I get to one of my yards.........................there will be something

I forgot! :|

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Barry, I learned long ago. A happy marriage is totally 50-50.
    I bring it in, she lets it out.

PERFECT PARTNERSHIP

9. HisPalette

HisPalette New Member

Have a bright blue ford ranger, extend cab. We carry a bee box with smoker, burlap, bbq lighters, rubber bands, sugar water, hive tools, brush, knife, AND 2 CAMERAS!!! Add Inspection jacket, 2 veils, gloves..

A girly with (no pocketbook) Just a wallet - back pocket...necessary and unnecessary cards, license, and a cross. if I have any money in it, maybe 5 or 10, but disappears when Steve runs out in his wallet. (He asks, though, and he put it there in the first place!) I don't need money unless I need more wooden ware! Then it's cha-ching!

10. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

[​IMG]

Most of what I have in the truck at this time of year. Honey supers, some deeps with empty comb, some with new frames and foundation, a few nuc boxes, smoker fuel, excluders, inner covers, bottom board and my box of assorted small stuff, butane lighter, hive tools, hardware cloth, misc.

11. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I'm still trying to picture tiny little bee shoes... :lol:

12. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Being a farmer i don't have anything in my wallet that's mine, but maybe next year.:roll: Jack

13. Larus

Larus New Member

A tool box specially dedicated to my beekeeping tools, my bee jacket and gloves, a smoker, a bucket with various junk I can use for smoker fuel (cardboard, punkwood, twigs, newspaper, e.t.c.), and usually a few stray hive components (extra super, some inner covers and a bottom board or two) that I am too lazy to put back in the shed where they're supposed to be.

The tool box contains hive tools (tools, plural - they tend to get lost in the grass at the most inconvenient time), a bee brush, a box of matches, some hive staples, a hammer, a wood stapler, chunks of #8 hardware cloth for closing entrances, and various miscellaneous junk.

14. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

Didn't think that one all the way thru, how would you put all those shoes on each bee everyday :lol:. Bee shoes are my old work shoes before they moved me to a desk job after a back injury at work, steel toed, reinforced ankles , and a ton of work done to the insoles to help relive pressure from my back. But thanks to Perry for his picture :thumbsup:, I showed to the boss lady and explained if I carried every thing I needed there would be only enough room for a case of beer, loaf of bread, and maybe some peanut butter or some cheese when we went to the store. The moral of the story is she should be happy that I don't carry more stuff around because if I did we, would have to live on a diet of peanut butter or cheese sandwiches :rolling:. So she is now off my back about what I haul around. Whats in your wallet was a pun from a tv ad . But I don't carry a wallet after hurting my back I find out the worst thing you can do to your back is carry a wallet in your back pocket. Boss lady found me a cell case and wallet all in one.

15. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

The moral of the story should be that you need a truck! :mrgreen: