Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Buy her a staple gun and paint brush! You can never have too many frames and supers ready to go.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The jars came from a local honey bee supply place.
She's waiting for the heat shrink wrap to arrive for the tops.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Very attractive packaging, a big :thumbsup: !!!!!!

The only downside to your spouse getting involved in your hobby it that they then get some idea of what you are spending! :shock: :???: :club:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very pretty and elegant!:thumbsup: What size are those jars? 8 oz?

I've had several cases of the 1 lb size for a couple years now. They're still safely packed away in the original boxes. If the weather continues like it has been for the last 3-4 years----the jars will continue to stay "safely" packed away---and empty---until, oh, 2050 or 2052 give or take a few years........:| :grin:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Those look good, sometimes the other half helps on their type of things. For example my wife picks out what I wear every day since I don't have uniforms any more. Got tired of " your not going to wear that " Just what I need the fashion police at seven am :mrgreen: before work.

·
Registered
742 Posts
YO, make money at Honey? I get a lot of work. My wife gets money for it. Isn't that how it is supposed to work? I'm thinkin I didn't get told the whole story or something.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
.....it becomes OUR hobby!
Now SHE wants more hives lol...it's contagious lol! :grin:
That's what I call a WIN_WIN situation. Count your blessings. :grin:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
OOOOh...very nice and professional with a personal touch. I have strongly considered using jars after seeing folks on here like Perry using them. I appreciate using plastic bottles for the pour-ability but I like the old fashioned look of jars. Some folks may be concerned about the plastic.

As for dipping the honey, I am a woodturner also and considered making my own. However, I have found sites where they can be purchased much cheaper. I found this site, http://www.craftparts.com/honey-dippers-wood-scoops-c-441.html, which was the first one I looked at when I Googled. I thought they were decently priced.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's where she buys them too! They are very nice quality.

OOOOh...very nice and professional with a personal touch. I have strongly considered using jars after seeing folks on here like Perry using them. I appreciate using plastic bottles for the pour-ability but I like the old fashioned look of jars. Some folks may be concerned about the plastic.

As for dipping the honey, I am a woodturner also and considered making my own. However, I have found sites where they can be purchased much cheaper. I found this site, http://www.craftparts.com/honey-dippers-wood-scoops-c-441.html, which was the first one I looked at when I Googled. I thought they were decently priced.

·
Registered
82 Posts
we help each other with with every thing ,, and I do mean every thing ,, theres nothing we do not help each other with ,, it was my idea to get bees ,, but most of the time she is the one to push me to buy bee stuff ,, I told her I was thnking about getting out of bee keeping ,,her the kids and grand kids all told me the bees are here to stay ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts