What have I gotten myself into?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rib Bones, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Rib Bones

Rib Bones New Member

hi...i am rib bones. i llive in lutz fl, that's north of tampa. i have a friend of 50 yrs crackerbee we hunt and fish but never thought i would have bees.

i just retired 38 yrs tel repairman. my wife and i bought a boat and we fish a lot. we also cook on our big green eggs. now that i am retired i want to do some hunting too. havent done that in years.

crackerbee asked me to help him get a few bees. well now i am hooked. i got my first hive yesterday did cutout bees in hive. life is good except i wish i had a sugar mill on 3rd jar 24hr this is first time i went on line sorry any mistakes

thanks again crackerbee i think............

2. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Hey you finally made Rib :thumbsup: ....got sand in your shoes now...it all starts with that first one :lol:

Like the bit about the sugar mill. :rolling:

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Welcome.. If mistakes aren't allowed, I'm gone. I wouldn't last a day.

Cracker is coming up to go deer hunting. There's room for two.

Beekeeping is totally addictive. Once you're hooked, there's no way out. :D

Big green eggs? You have emus??

4. Rib Bones

Rib Bones New Member

sorry...been busy all day feeding bees. o the big green egg is a ceramic bbq gill . thats cooks long and slow or 700 degrees plus .funny not a emu.

now about hunting that woold be great. thanks for the invite. sure theres room? i'm sure cracker woold like some one for the ride. i better go dust off my bow

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

116 acres. I think that's enough for two hunters.

6. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

That's great!!! :thumbsup: thanks Iddee :bow: ,it's a long ride up there driving by yourself,and I sure could use the company.

7. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

Welcome! They should be taking Brazilian Pepper now or real soon.

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Hello Bones :wave: , and welcome to the forum. there ain't no grammar cops here!!

Glad to see cracker passing on some of his skills, nothing like a bee buddy!

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Howdy RibBone. Anyone that can put up with Crackerbee is certainly welcome here. 50 years...man you deserve a medal. As Crackerbee may explain to ya' I grew up not far from Crackerbee homestead. Welcome.

10. Rib Bones

Rib Bones New Member

have I gotten myself into?

i want to thank every one for such a warm wecome.this bee thing is wild! like my first kid except baby milk from sams it 50lb of suger. cracker is a good frind to put up with all my calls he probly wonders what he was thinking telling me about bees. :lol: sorry my spelling id fix phone no spelling needed just cant be colord blind.thanks again to iddee i cant wait to meet you.

11. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Welcome Rib Bones:
    You started this thread with "What have I gotten myself into"
    I'll tell you. Probably more fun than you've had in a while. I'm a first year beek myself, and have had a great time working with, and learning about honey bees. This is the best place you'll find to gather the information you'll need. There are a bunch of friendly people here who are willing to share their knowledge with you, and we have a good time doing it. Good luck.
    Rodger

g

12. riverrat

riverrat New Member

welcome to our addiction I got the same to addictions as you first the bee's the second is the big green egg you cant beat them when it comes to cooking we use ours year around. Hope to see you around

13. Rib Bones

Rib Bones New Member

thanks guys! it been real fun and real interresting never new that bees did so much.i dont know if i getting to comferble with them i get real close just shorts-shirt thay seem so calm just beeing busy.idid fell bad for the girl wenn i step on her she let me know i were shoes now. :thumbsup:

cool another egger! are you on the forum greeneggers.com? been to any fests? going to eggtoberfest in atlanta next month.
    :)

14. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Not any thing like that goes on around here not many egg owners around here I live in a town of 900 and I think there is 3 maybe 4 in town. But once you have food cooked on one you wont want food cooked on any other grill