Lets get this forum going.:club: It's too slow around here.:lol: My best story was a new package that produced 3 supers of honey! That queen made so many bees that I regularly removed bees to help bolster two separate splits and a 2nd year colony. Just gobs and gobs of bees.:thumbsup: Making my first ever splits and then have them thrive would be a close second place. My worst experience was the crappy 5-frame nuc I got from the supplier. Two bare frames and I discovered the queen was probably DOA as the frames that did have some comb were later found to be filled with drone brood from laying workers. I shook all the bees off away from the hive, froze the drone brood and re-queened. The replacement queen never started laying. I kept waiting but finally the bees absconded and the queen disappeared. :crybye:Just an utter and complete failure. If I had to do it again, I probably would have cut my losses and, at most, tried to combine the returning foragers with another hive.