What experience have you had that calls for changes in your plans for the upcoming season? Perhaps a new experiment to try? I have in mind to make up a gadget that will handlily weigh hives one side at a time to be able to keep tabs on how they are doing at either building or spending their stores. The digital luggage scales are fairly cheap. What I used this past year was much too slow. I will have to space the hives a little differently to accommodate this and need to anyway to have stacking room for boxes when doing inspections; my old back isn't up to doing much crane work! Since my queens will have all been through 2 winters I want to requeen and put the old ones to work in nucs I split off. Could conceivably try some Buckfast though these Carni Itialians seem to be doing well. I want to keep some spare queens working in nucs so I can requeen any hive that is not doing well. I spent all summer nursing one hive along and had to do a lot of feeding to it because no queens readily available. Definitely harvest earlier to have time to fix mites and give the bees time to build stores and breed their winter bees. Keep closer tabs on mites as it is a lot harder to remedy once the numbers start to snowball.