Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the stethoscope off an old blood pressure thingy and went out to listened to my hive this morning and it sounded like a party in there. I'm dying to see what is going on. There were bees out on the landing board and it was only 40 degrees this morning. I actually got headbutted when I was listening to the commotion. The hive is in full sun so I suspect they are plenty warm in there but I'm curious to know what the heck is going on in there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PerryBee...I got the idea from you..thanks. I can't believe they are out today. We still have snow on the ground. I went out to take a few pictures and they were flying around the hive..Tough little buggers!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Perryoscope - I like it! :thumbsup:

Hoaryscope - Sounds like a procedure my doctor might suggest! :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
583 Posts
i use mine to see where the bees are in walls at cutouts....allthough it didnt work to well through concreate block walls...lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wish I had one...yesterday I was putting my ear to the sides of the hives. Sounded great inside there but I really had to listen hard to hear them.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've got to get me a Perryoscope. Listening with ear against box does not work when trains are going by.

·
Registered
840 Posts
"What's the noise?" This may not be a politically correct funny way to think about it, but they are all women. Female anyway. :)

I don't know how to post a ducking head icon. heh,heh.

Were they guys, the sound would be a tv w/ hockey or football playing. Just to be fairly unbalanced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts