where have all the people gone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barry42001, Feb 8, 2014.

1. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

it seems like almost nobody is here anymore. it just seems like a lot of the old heads that were here are here no more or busy elsewhere...what's up?

2. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

I don't post often but pop in from time to time, and after the bees pack it in for the winter I spend more time with my muzzle loaders and go shootin until around mid March then shift back to the bees. Jim

3. Beeboy

Beeboy New Member

I'm sure when the weather warms up, & the girls start flying, the board will pick back up...........at least I hope it does. It's a great board.

4. scubbes

scubbes New Member

As I get ready for my first hive. I'm just soaking it all in

5. poderac

poderac New Member

6. bee stung

bee stung New Member

if you think no one is here there's less posting going on there

7. BKF

BKF Administrator Staff Member

Do you know why the are posting there instead of here?

8. Big Bear

Big Bear New Member

I'm here again after being gone for a while. not that I was posting anywhere else. forums are usually a come and go thing for me. usually not much life in them to keep me interested.

9. poderac

poderac New Member

bee stung, I think the stings are effecting you somewhat. Took 18 months to get 10,000 posts here.
    They got over 36,000 over there in 10 months.

10. BKF

I know of the other forum now, and have even registered to visit with them and invite them to come back and visit here.
    I've learned what happened, and the main reason does not exist any longer. So we are working on being sister or brother forums and visit both places.
    Each would have their own personalities, some would make this home, and have friends over, and some that call that home now, may come back and visit.

We are going forward.
    Angie

11. Big Bear

Big Bear New Member

I know I stopped stopping in when a couple of people from, a forum I left before showed up here and starting being their usual unpleasant selves. So, I just forgot to check in for a long while. I figured I would come by and see how things were shaping up and lo and behold, it's a ghost town!

I really like to chat with other bee folks, just I won't put up with know it all, bags of wind.

Also, now that I have the gig at TechDissected, I would love to bee able to pick my fellow bee folks minds in regard to the tech tools that we bee folk use. I have the opportunity to make a lot of people who are into making websites, smart phone apps, and other tech tools more aware of the needs of beekeepers. You folks can help me make that happen.

12. LazyBkpr

LazyBkpr New Member

Yep, definitely coming back to visit. :grin:

13. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

I never figured out what the main reason was. I got an email inviting me to visit the other site, most people from here seem to have gone there.

Personally I am hunting for a bee forum full of environmentalists and permaculture people who are strong beekeepers, people in their 30's 40's and early 50's and non oil industry older people, and when I find THAT forum I'll drop in and wave at the rest every now and then. I do not see the permaculture movement as being great agriculturally, they have simple techniques that take a lot of people to pull off, and those don't all work for me.

Taking a permaculture class and using some principles here but learning all I can even if I disagree with it. But I can't disagree with the permaculture people half as much as I do the people causing the earthquakes, gas releases and oil spills around here. I want somewhere that my "shields" don't go up when I log on. I posted number 40,000 on the new one, lol.

14. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Click on blogs and read a few of the headlines. The biggest reason so many left was the lack of spam control.

Is this what beekeepers want to find on beekeeping forums.
    [h=4]Images Of Hot Girls In G Strings[/h]

15. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

My blog is the only one that is on bees. Well it is all compiled in one place for download to my computer, I'm pulling off the internet I think

16. BKF

Yep, lack of spam control. Please send me a PM on anything such as that. The blogs may not be useful if only spam.

17. BKF

I took out some spam. There are many that sign up each day. Right now I'm allowing members in after I check them against a spam filter. It may slow down the spammers.

18. Iddee

Iddee New Member

stopforumspam.com can be set up to screen them for you. It will allow the good ones in, kick out the bad ones, and hold the questionable ones till you accept or deny them. It saves you a lot of time and aggravation.

19. Lburou

Lburou Member

Spam-o-matic works wonders. On our Club's website, use use that, plus, at registration I ask a question about a sentence "below". In the next sentence, I write a note to Spammers saying that each registration is moderated, and in addition, each post is moderated (something impossible for beekeepingforums) and I've not had one spammer try since (there were scores of spammers each day until the spamomatic and the questions). HTH :)

20. BKF

Thanks to both of you. I use Stop Forum Spam, but it's not installed. Sounds like a good thing to talk to the techs about.

And is there any reason to keep the blog open?