Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Someone new to beekeeping just asked me where he could buy a nuc in his area of Reno. Since I don't live there, I thought I'd throw it out to you guys. He says it seems the closest would be Central California, but that would be quite a drive. Any info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Taber's Honeybee Genetics in Vacaville, CA is only a few hours away (http://www.honeybeegenetics.com/home.html) - I have a queen of theirs that is overwintering in ND well. I am pretty sure that they sell nucs.

Also, Dennis Lohman is in Arbuckle, CA (530 476 2322) - also only a few hours from Reno. He has OWC queens and I think that he sells nucs as well. I had one of his queens and it did well for me (lots of propolis though).

Mike

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
I was under the impression that Nucs could be sent by mail or some other form of delivery service. Has this option closed down? :confused:

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
I think perhaps Omie obtained one of these from fatbeeman. perhaps one of them can give us some input here. BWeaver I do know ships nucs but these are by their own private carrier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts