Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to the (probably obvious) conclusion that buying frames and foundation 10 at a time just isn't cost effective. For my needs I think lots of 100 should suffice for now. So, with that in mind; Is there one place on the web that is best for purchasing unassembled frames? How about crimped wire foundation?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. Beeboy, good point. I've got to look at price and shipping. combined. Time to break out a spreadsheet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I get frames in either pack of 50 or 100 from Dadant. It's not too far out of the way to pick up our order on the way to visit family so we save a bunch on shipping.

·
Registered
281 Posts
mannlake.com has free shipping on orders on $100.00.
+1....With what little experience I have so far, I can only say that the free shipping from mannlake has always made them the most cost effective for me. Having said that, the Brushy Mt folks in North Carolina have been the most pleasant to talk to...making me wish they had better prices. But the shipping thing from mlake really saves you a lot.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Talk to members of your bee club - where do they buy from?

We've had folks come to our club and complain about high shipping costs, and then were surprised to learn that they lived less than 10 miles from a local distributor for Kelley and Mann Lake!

We've also done some group orders to save on shipping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts