Where to shop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zookeep, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

just want to get an idea where to get good boxes, frames, and such. where do you guys shop? Ive used bushy mountain bee farms ( real good quality) bit higher price, mann lakes with the free shipping, and miller bee supply, miller turned out to be a bit cheaper with the shipping then mann without, any other places out there worth a look at? :confused:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Woodenware, as you found out, are all good. Just shop for the best "FINAL" price.

For foundation, I use Walter T. Kelley exclusively.

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

If you can, follow Zulu's advice--make it yourself. :thumbsup: With a bit of learning you'll get not only good equipment but get it cheaply and with a big measure of pride. :)

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

by the pallet probably Western Bee Supply or Shastina or Hive Bodies.com.

for smaller order I use Mann Lake (free shipping primarily) and Dadant. I use to almost exclusively use Kelley but have been a bit disappointed in their product and service lately.

5. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

I use local suppliers in Pennsylvania. What they do not carry, I buy from vendors who are willing to drive it to conferences and other functions for free. Almost all vendors will do this if you order ahead of time so they can bring it along to meetings, etc.

6. ShaneVBS

ShaneVBS New Member

honeybeehabitat (beeline) cheap and nice people. there small and growing. i just ordered 10 grand worth of there product yesterday

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

we order a lot of our wooden ware through brownings

8. Walt B

Walt B New Member

I've been satisfied with Miller, Brushy, Mann-Lake. Haven't tried Kelley because I couldn't readily navigate their web site. Generally use Mann-Lake for the shipping, but I always check the prices vs. prices and shipping at others.

I'm guessing they're all probably about the same, but that's just a guess. I think Iddee probably had the woodenware answer.

Walt

9. ShaneVBS

ShaneVBS New Member

i have a lot of brushy's stuff too, if you like high quality woodenware thats the place to go if you dont mind price. They predrill there boxes for nails which makes it nice for new beeks and peeps that cant nail straight lol

10. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

yes was not too happy with kellys site. and just finished putting millers 4 boxes and frames together I ordered and the quality just was not there, it was select grade too :( I think Ill stick with Brushy for the moment, thanks btw for all the info guys. shame I have to use millers boxes in the morning or I would send 2 of them back, just dont have the time to deal with it, Brushys commercial grades better then millers select.

11. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

I am happy-no, let me re-phrase that, I am ecstatic, with Mann Lake.

I have ordered from them 7 times, and always got my orders from them before the promised delivery date. They always send me a link to the UPS website with the tracking number included. All I had to do was click on it and I could track my order.

I order their economy woodenware (cheaper in lots of 5) and the only problem I've had was that on 1 side board,on one order, was a loose knot. A little bit of glue fixed that.

They come with the box-joints cut, and pre-drilled for nails. You just need to be careful that you glue/nail them so they are square.

They have free shipping-on most items-if your order is more than $100.00. For some reason, I can always find enough stuff to reach the $100.00 goal.

12. ShaneVBS

ShaneVBS New Member

i heard mann lake may stop free shipping soon, you may want to get it while you can

13. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

That's what I'ma doin, Shane.

14. Skyhigh

Skyhigh New Member

I can't seem to get the Mann Lake website to load properly. It's incredibly slow and won't let me view more than one page of items if/when it does bring up something. Is this just me/my computer? I've tried quite a few times (wanting to take advantage of the free shipping) but finally gave up. (I ended up ordering from Brushy and really like what I received. Still...)

15. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Skyhigh:

I just got on mannlakeltd.com, and had no problems. They recently changed their format, but still easy to use.

16. Skyhigh

Skyhigh New Member

Thank you, gunsmith! This is NOT the same format as when I tried ordering last. I wonder if, somehow, I'd gotten on an old site or something.

17. ShaneVBS

ShaneVBS New Member

ya they changed website two weeks ago and been having a few issues with it.