White House Bee hives

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by riverrat, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Has anyone heard recent updates on the white houses beekeeping venture. It was big news when they started. I havent heard much since. Was wondering if it is still beeing done after all I havent seen the obamas on tv pulling and extracting honey :D

2. rast

rast New Member

Oh they are pulling and extracting alright, just not liquid honey :D .
    Shame on me; (granny's switch: ouch) (granny's switch : ouch) :crybye:.

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

4. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

:club: :club: :club: Yep been there, got the welts, :p Jim

5. Duck1968

Duck1968 New Member

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

woa... I think I need to move my bees to DC where their is nectar flowing down the streets.

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Wow bad enough Obama is robbing us blind. Now he has the white house bees robbing out nearby hives honey. Is there any end to the madness :D

8. Tyro

Tyro Member

Yes, but that refers to pounds of honey 'saved or created'.

(Ow - more switch!) :club:

9. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

They have been pulling and trying to extract to get the honey flowing, but there us alot of old rust in the bottom of the extractor they have to get rid of first. :mrgreen: Jack

10. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

Ive got a heavy bet that if you review the recordings of the cameras on the whitehouse lawns you will see guys dressed in black suits and dark glasses holding the girls at gunpoint in the hive telling them to take this Chinese honey and store it in there so Obummer can get a record or else :hunter: :hunter: :hunter: :hunter: :lol:

11. djdhays

djdhays New Member

Please don't bring politics in here. I know what will happen. I'll say something like "Obama could destroy his hive and still kill less bees than Bush killed people." and then nobody will want to help me with my bees anymore. Please let's just agree that they're all crooks, they're all out to rob us blind and concentrate on beekeeping, an always welcome diversion from the harsh realities of daily life.

12. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Have no fear DJ. Very very rarely do things get out of hand in this forum. You wont see much on politics here. Only reason on this thread is beekeeping and politics are mixed together. I can see already your going to fit right in with all us on the forum again welcome aboard :thumbsup: :drinks:

13. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Have no fear DJ., I'm the biggest Bush fan on here, and I'll still try to help you.

Me and Tec are on different planets when it comes to politics, but we're still friends.

14. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

it does make me wonder... should you choose your friends, associates or hire folks based on their political beliefs? just a question... ain't meanin' to cause no fuss.

15. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but, can you pick your friends nose? I wouldn't recommend trying.

Sometimes, thru certain circumstances, people one wouldn't otherwise choose as friends become friends. Or, at least close acquaintances. (that doesn't look right. am i missing a "q"?)

Edited by Iddee... Not anymore... :D

16. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Mark, sometimes you slay me! :lol: :rolling: :rotfl:

Oh, circumstances is spelled with an "i" and acquaintance does have a "q". ;)

17. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

You would think if someone in a high position brought attention to Honey Bees and gardening to the national news, someting i thought people on a bee forum would get behind and support without bringing pollitics into it. It's becoming evident from the above post, that you can make negative remarks about one party without much ado (even the moderators) on this forum. But if you take offense and speak up, then your getting pollitical. :confused: I personally don't care what your reiigion, pollitics or nationality are,and i'm sure the bees don't either. I know it's easy to get caught up in pollitics and and want to vent, but lets quit the name calling and get on with beekeeping. I would hate to see this forum go the way some of the others have. Jack

18. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

I figgerd sumbuddy wood no.

19. riverrat

riverrat New Member

As a Mod Im going to lock this thread so it dont go any farther in a unintended direction. My orginal intentions was to generate discussion on the white house bees. When the hive was placed in the gardens at the white house it was done with fan fair and extensive media coverage. A couple years later you hear nothing about the hives. I was wanting to see without googling if there was any press on the hives beeing generated elseware I wasnt seeing in my region. If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to PM me. Thanks again for beeing a part of the forum :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.