Who else with "trigger finger" syndrome?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crofter, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Crofter

Crofter New Member

Just had surgery today for a tendon release on the right thumb. Have had some done on the left hand and a few more in the future perhaps. Have been pretty hard on my hands and have a tendency to tendonitis generally. I used to be the one to refuse to be stumped by a jar lid that no one else could get off. Some of the things we did for macho when we were young coming back to haunt us in our golden years:wink:

2. Ray

Ray Member

"Some of the things we did for macho when we were young coming back to haunt us in our golden years"
    or
    If I had know I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

No trigger fingers, but have a couple trigger toes.:roll: Jack

4. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

Nothing needing surgery yet, but I've got a few that the Dr. says are working their way towards it.

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I just got diagnosed with an inflamed shoulder tendon. The doc said, "Avoid lifting heavy things." Where does that leave me?---am I to pray for weak hives and small crops of honey? :sad:

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Ef, it leaves you with what I keep trying to teach. A ten frame box, when full, is 11 pieces, not 1. Each piece can be moved individually. Each piece is NOT heavy.

7. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

That's good when it comes to removing the crop, but when checking the hives I would hate to anger the girls by slowly removing one frame at a time and putting them aside before getting to the super or brood box below. It can be done, but it is a pain (but at least not in the shoulder).

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

An empty box in a wheelbarrow makes it a lot easier, and you can be the judge. Maybe after 3, 5, or 8 removed.