Why my bees are dying.

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by citadel2014, Aug 11, 2010.

1. citadel2014

citadel2014 New Member

I have about 6 hives in Anderson, SC. I seem to be losing them very quickly and i can not figure out why. I am wondering if the heat has anything to do with it. its been around 100 degrees everyday with very little rain and high humidity. I do have wasps around my bees and i am wonder if they have anything to do with the problem. If anyone has any tips on how to keep my bees from dying or what is causing them to leave, please let me know. Thanks.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Bee population decreasing? Dead bees in or around hives? Complete hives dead. Please give us more info to go on.

3. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Would be nice to know what kind of bottom board you are using? Howbig of an entrance? Are the 6 colonies new package bees this year? What type of foundation, is/was it drawn out?
    When did you first notice the problem and what makes you think it is a problem.?

Dose this post meet the approval of the grammar & spelling cop?

:mrgreen: Al

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a bit of elaboration would be helpful.

5. Tia

Tia New Member

If you have an experienced beekeeper near you, it might be a good idea to ask them to take a look. Check with your local beekeeping association. Or maybe your state inspector. Without specifics it's hard to diagnose a problem.