Wife said "thats far enough"

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by RE Jones, Feb 4, 2013.

1. RE Jones

RE Jones New Member

I went bass fishing on Friday and caught two yearling bass trolling on one of my favorite pits. The wind was blowing about 20 miles an hour, so I packed it up and came home.

The wife wanted to go Saturday, so we headed over to Medard Park, which is a county park on old phosphate land. After fishing all the favorite spots and having no luck except for two 24" channel cats, we headed over to a spot I had never fished. I was running the trolling motor and casting in a few spots and I hear my wife say in a loud voice "That's far enough". I looked on the other bank and about 100' away this is what she was talking about. The camera was zoomed out as far as it would go. From what I could tell, from his snout to the back of his head was approximately four and a half to five foot. He was wider than the gheenoe that we were fishing out of and probably longer, 16'. IMG_0213.jpg

2. Ray

Ray Member

WOW! I would never leave home with out a shotgun after seeing that.

3. Omie

Omie New Member

Whoa, we don't have those in NY! =8-0

4. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Neither in Indiana Omie! The worst reptile you might encounter here is a copperhead down in the southern part of the state.

5. Marbees

Marbees Member

I knew there is a reason I prefer living in the North.:grin:

6. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Where we exchange them for black bears and grizzly bears that come see us at the river bank while fishing.
    But in there favor the bears look cute and cuddly.

7. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

wow great pic!
    apis said:
    "Where we exchange them for black bears and grizzly bears that come see us at the river bank while fishing."

here to, minus the griz and will add swim past you in the water you ARE fishing......:lol:

8. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Great picture. I showed this thread to my wife and she said, "that proves you always need to listen to what your wife says."
    :lol:

9. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

I'm surprised that Iddee hasn't chimed in with a recipe on how to cook him. :lol:

10. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Didn't want to hijack the thread, but I was thinking it. :D

11. RE Jones

RE Jones New Member

I know how to cook them, the problem would be getting him out of a state park! I could not think of any "good" excuses. Sir, he followed me to the boat ramp and climbed in my gheenoe and would not get out. That sounded a little weak.

I would really rather have a smaller one to eat, four to five foot are perfect. Any thing bigger and they begin to get tough. Then you have to tenderize the meat.
    Robert