Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what plans are you making for spring?

The days are getting longer, global warming's cold icy grip will soon fade away :lol: , and before you know it, the phone will be ringing with a swarm call.

So what in particular are you looking forward too this coming season?

:drinks:

·
Registered
176 Posts
garden work, bee work, school work, nothing too uncommon. ;)

baby beek does plan on keeping me busy with that hurt finger of hers tho! :eek:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Immediate next is assemble a couple hundred frames.Then some woodwork and trim painting on my house.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We're supposed to be in for a wet spring and alot of the commercial stuff around me is crashing fast. I was going to split hard again but I think this year I'm going to just tread water and hope for a good citrus crop. They were all out flying this morning so I know I at least have live bees. I sure hope whatever the big guys brought in isn't comunicable.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm looking forward to lots of work!

First of all, finally getting into a hive again! It has already been too long.
Cabin fever is settling in with two more months of winter left!
Then the garden work, expanding and preparing to start a business.
Last but not least, PICNICS!!! My favorite part of spring!
(sigh) Oh, just to see green grass again! :beg:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm looking forward to expanding the gardens and hopefully the bees. I am going to miss having a slightly less busy schedule though..... we have had the opportunity to slow down a bit more than usual this fall/winter and I'll admit it's been kinda nice. But once spring breaks we are full throttle all day every day and still don't get everything done that we started out to do.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ditto on the few hundred frames thing... and I've got another 20 or so boxes to build before spring.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
My boxes are already together, just need to paint. The most time consuming part of frames is wiring the foundation for me.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Hey, I got up and got dressed. That's enough energy spent for one day. Besides, it's just he first week of winter. Three more months of 100F. weather for **** before he gives us a little of it back.

Time for my nap. Be back later.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Didtto on the bunches of frames here too. I tend to wait till mid march to start though. I alsohave to cut and assemble 20or 30 more boxes and bottom boards.

right now is time to enjoy winter sports outdoors and kill youtes.

:mrgreen: Al

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Built, 12 deeps, 26 med. 12 sbb's and top covers, now to paint (i hate to paint). Then put 200 frames together and wire. Order seed for my 5 acre truck garden, go to board meetings for our farmers market, help get ready for bee club classes ( over 200 signed up). But my favorite is getting ready and chasing walleye up the Big Sac river :thumbsup: . Jack

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'll think about spring projects when I'm done shovelling the foot and a half of lake-effect snow out of my 350 ft long driveway. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You get lake effect snow and you have to shovel the drive? Buy a snow blower for the lawn tractor or better yet get a big one for the farm tractor. The burvac on the Ford 5000 clears 3 feet of snow like it was only and inch. Just remember DO NOT BLOW INTO THE WIND.

:D Al

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Hey, Hobie. You offered me use of your spare bedroom. I think it's time I returned the favor. It's sunny and 50 here today. Come on down and stay until the tundra melts.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
We have a snowblower for the Gravely tractor, and use it for the flat areas. Unfortunately, the driveway is too steep in one spot. The first year we snow-blowed to the bottom, and could not make it back up the drive, despite weights and chains. Hubby had to snow blow a quarter-mile path up the dirt road, and back through the farm field road to get back up to the house.

Unfortunately, the thingy that lets you turn the chute where the snow comes out broke yesterday. Time for a few repairs.

Hmmm, iddee's spare room is sounding better all the time. Probably even get biscuits and honey for breakfast!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts