Woodenware build

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by Roadstar, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Roadstar

Roadstar New Member

I just completed building some hive bodies, supers, bottom boards, inside top covers, and hive tops. Everything was primed and painted over the Holiday weekend. I built the bottom boards using Eastern Red Cedar, so I can see how it holds up versus pine. I was able to purchase a couple hundred board feet of Cedar for under .50 per BF, so it was cheap enough! My wife wanted something with a bit more "pizazz" than a standard flat cover, so I built the garden hive style for her. Gotta keep Momma happy ya know!
    Anyway.........I thought I would share some pictures. All total, I built 2 deeps, 8 mediums, 2 inner covers, 2 bottom boards, and 1 top cover. As the winter wears on, I will be back in the shop building more. I am fortunate to be able to obtain lumber for wholesale prices, and being a woodworker with a dedicated shop, the savings add up quick. Besides that, time in the woodworking shop is always enjoyable and it helps make the winter go by quicker............which is a GOOD thing!
    [attachment=2:1hn6t285]Beehives 009 (800 x 1200).jpg[/attachment:1hn6t285]
    [attachment=1:1hn6t285]Beehives 007 (800 x 533).jpg[/attachment:1hn6t285]
    [attachment=0:1hn6t285]Beehives 006 (800 x 533).jpg[/attachment:1hn6t285]

Attached Files:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Nice work... Thanks for sharing.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Those look pretty good, all you need now is some bees!!

Welcome to the forum.

4. Murrell

Murrell New Member

Looks Real Good !

I like the lugs, sure make lifting easier with arthritic hands.

Murrell