Word origin "Super"

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by djdhays, Jan 19, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Geez, I've been following this thread with interest and just realized I have yet to say "Hello" to djdhays.
    Welcome to our friendly forum. :thumbsup:
    P.S. Anyone that carries their new hives on their shoulders has my respect! :shock: :lol:

2. djdhays

djdhays New Member

Hello PerryBee and thank you. Carrying my new hive on my shoulders was not that impressive a feat. As I said it's only a five gallon bucket. I'd guess the weight at around 30 - 40 lbs. As I also said, I don't know how long they were in there and I'm really hoping they have enough to get them through the winter. I was more impressed with myself for the base I built to haul them in. The bucket fit down in with a screened bottom and two eye bolts to tie a cargo strap to hold it all together. Holding it above my head wasn't a display of strength, it was so that the friend who gave me the bees could snap pictures and the two little girls watching could see the bees. The amazement the kids expressed alone was worth the sting. One of the girls asked the other, "Which one is the queen?" The other girl replied (somewhat surprised at her sisters apparent ignorance) "She's the one with the green dot on her back!" Someone's been to the fair. If this is what beekeeping is like, I'm really going to enjoy it.

3. Marbees

Marbees Member

You already built the base to transport them. Custom equipment. :thumbsup:
    So yes, you are infected. Soon, you will be addicted. :lol:
    Welcome to the club.