Work gets in the way!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Aug 24, 2013.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Major bummer! :sad:

I got a call this afternoon from well known gardener/ radio host Niki Jabbour. She was wondering if I would like to do a radio segment from 12:30 to 1 pm. Unfortunately I am scheduled to drive at Blueberry Acres during that time tomorrow and they are already short a driver for the day so getting the time off was out.
    While I had to pass, member Adam Foster Collins is going to do it! :thumbsup:
    It will be on radio News 95.7 from 12:30 to 1 pm (Atlantic), and there may even be a call in part. I am going to have to listen to it after work on podcast.

http://www.news957.com/listen/

If you go to the link and click on Listen you might be able to catch it.

2. BoilerJim

BoilerJim New Member

Dang, Perry. That would have been SUPER COOL.

3. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I was always told I had a great face for radio. :)

I'm sure he'll do great. I hope it's a great show.

[​IMG]

4. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

Will try to catch the programme.

The media (all forms ?) can be a little self important. Short notice. It can be " I'm from the media ---- drop everything " The press usually get something wrong.

Sorry ----- I'm grumpy in the morning.

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

If my patience holds out, in another hour (when it will be 6:30 PM here) I'll be able to hear Adam on the radio. I followed your link Perry and all is lined up.
    In the meantime, I already learned that you and Adam have set up a web site: www.novascotiabees.com. I looked into it and enjoyed it. You have really set up a site that has a very professional look to it. Gotta hand it to both of you for the initiative and the effort you've put into the site.

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Managed to hold on to my patience---in spite of the numerous ads (a counter question to the number of bees in a hive could have been "how many ads in half an hour of radio") and enjoyed hearing your voice Adam. After reading your posts and now listening to you on the program the next step is watching you on a TV broadcast. Inform us on the forum when to expect it.
    Three cheers for making bees more accesssable to the general population. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Here is the link to the actual program, to make it easier. It's available now in podcast, so just click play.

http://www.news957.com/2013/08/25/weekend-gardener-1230-am/

Thanks for the kind words Ef. Adam has done the bulk of the work on the website (it's his day job actually, web design). :thumbsup:
    We were frustrated about the lack of local knowledge available for new keeps so we decided to create it.
    I have not linked it to my signature or anything just because I don't want to take away from this place

8. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Just listened to the archived program, was really good. Next time we expect to hear Perrys beard on the radio. :lol: I got your website in my favorites now, didn't even know you guys had set it up. Nice site.

9. Adam Foster Collins

Adam Foster Collins New Member

Yeah, I just listened to the show as well. Not too bad.

It's funny, when you're doing something like that, you just kind of respond to the questions and I found that after it was over, I couldn't really remember what was asked or what I said. I was kind of nervous I guess. Anyway, she really plugged our website, and I imagine quite a few people out there heard the show.

She mentioned the idea of doing a TV spot as well. And I know Perry talked about that as well with her. So who knows?

With beekeeping on the rise here, I think it's better to get into the mix and do our best to share ideas and information. It seems like that's the best we can do to help the growth of beekeeping. As long as people are interested, I'm always game to talk about bees.

... Lord knows I've worn my family out on the subject!

Adam

10. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

It was great Adam, the only way it could have been better is if we had both been there yakking about bees. I already told her that if she ever had us both on we would just take over! :lol:
    She mentioned having us back in the spring, and even mentioned the Global TV thing as well.
    Hey, you never know! :wink:

11. Adam Foster Collins

Hey, I just tried to call you, Perry.
    I haven't talked enough bees yet today ;)

Adam

12. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Jane and Kiefer are in bed, so maybe tomorrow? I'll wait until later in the am and give you a call.
    Got another call about a possible bee yard for me about 10 minutes away. 30 acres!!! :thumbsup:

13. Adam Foster Collins

Yeah, sure.
    Next thing you know, you'll be interrupting bee-talk for anniversaries, kid's graduations, eating, sleeping...

Seriously though, tomorrow's fine. Sweet about the new line on the yard.

Adam

14. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:lol::rolling::rotfl:

15. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I listened this morning and it's great! :D The website is great, too! You guys are on the edge of fame and fortune. Keep it up! :D :thumbsup: :clapping::drinks:

16. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

perry and adam,
    just caught up to this thread and downloaded the podcast......thanks !!!! haven't had a chance to play and listen yet, but will during my daily walk here in the next couple days.
    and your website is really cool!