Worked my hives today finally

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Zulu, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Zulu

Zulu Member

Every day that has been nice I have been away or working, all the crappy cold rainy days I have been home...

So today finally got into my hives. 57 deg, almost no wind.

All 3 hives are booming, good build up, capped and uncapped brood , good laying pattern in all, had to already add one super on one very full hive. So much activity I will have to watch closely. Waterer is being emptied almost daily.

Had one frame with fly and burr comb and broke up trying to fix , so removed it and replaced with a drawn comb frame, brought it inside and dipped my finger..... Boy was that the nicest honey I have tasted to date? Pulled out my hot knife and cleaned up the frame, and added the excess to my honey bucket which is almost empty. Sucked a few pieces of wax comb honey...mmmmmmmmmm.... Yum.

2. Marbees

Marbees Member

Glad you had good time, can't wait to do it myself, but it's too early up here. This bee-itch is killing me.:sad:

3. Jacobs

Jacobs New Member

We must have thirsty bees in this town. Mine emptied 2 one quart waterers and put a dent in another water pan yesterday. I'm switching from quart jars to the half gallon jars Iddee found for me last year.