Worlds Most Expensive Bee Hive

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by No_Bivy, Nov 22, 2009.

1. No_Bivy

No_Bivy New Member

Got a call to remove bees from a tree. Turned out to be a ticking time bomb....crush the house and kill someone inside. I did manage to save the bees though......3500lb be hive, whittled it down to a 1000 and placed on a trailer. Gotta love a crane for be removals....big bucks though. hope you can see the pics

http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28 ... veBeeHive/

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Lotta good firewood there..

3. Charles

Charles New Member

That's quite a save. Your right, look's like that tree coulda dropped right down on the house... :thumbsup:

4. No_Bivy

No_Bivy New Member

need some? come and get it :drinks:

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Kind of looks like the one I got back in the summer, the hive was 85 feet in the air and the home owner wanted it saved and me to have it. Had to bring in a crane to get it.

G3

6. Hobie

Hobie New Member

You know, it does the heart good to know there are people out there that will do that.

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I just hate to think what it cost her. About 1 hour of travel time, and then had a hard time getting him in the driveway to set up another hour, then another hour fooling with the bees and finish cutting the tree down, couple more hours to tear down and travel back to shop.

I would say a little under $1,000 just for the crane, I was free that day and she gave me a $50 gift certificate to Olive Garden and $20 for gas (even though I made 3 trips out there), plus the tree trimmers.

G3

8. No_Bivy

No_Bivy New Member

crane was 2k plus for this.......plus tree crew. Hazard tree mitigation plus bee rescue....priceless