Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting in a special queen late next week, and I only have mediums to build a nuc out of. I need a large frame nuc minus the queen.Please let me know if you can help. We are in Canton, Texas, but will drive to pick one up.
Thanks,
LtlWilli

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I'm a little closer than Iddee, there are two five frame deep nucs here that are boiling over with bees if you want them, dandy price as well.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G3...It's a little far, but thanks for the offer. I have been close to you many times, though. When I was little, we drove from Texas to Crossville every summer. I just love that state.--Except for caliche side roads.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Yep, Crossville is about an hour west of me. You got family up this way by chance?

I have to ask, what is a caliche side road? Been on a lot of gravel roads, dirt roads, pig paths, and even blazed a few new trails, but I don't reckon I ever been on one of them caliche side roads! :lol:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of my dad's Air Force buddies from WWII lived there--Junior Kearly. Caliche is the crushed white rock and sand roads that Crossville had all around. Our car was white tinted the whole time we were there. BTW---they were building I-40 at that time and we picked up arrow heads in the freshly rained on places. It was a great time .

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
That was a long time ago, I can remember when they were building I-40, just a kid.

Arrow heads are a good find, beads are the best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts