WTB: Queenless nuc

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by LtlWilli, Jul 1, 2011.

1. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

I am getting in a special queen late next week, and I only have mediums to build a nuc out of. I need a large frame nuc minus the queen.Please let me know if you can help. We are in Canton, Texas, but will drive to pick one up.
    Thanks,
    LtlWilli

2. charmd2

charmd2 New Member

Doubt you would drive up here but I would make you one up

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

So what is wrong with a medium nuc?

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I'm a little closer than Iddee, there are two five frame deep nucs here that are boiling over with bees if you want them, dandy price as well.

5. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

G3...It's a little far, but thanks for the offer. I have been close to you many times, though. When I was little, we drove from Texas to Crossville every summer. I just love that state.--Except for caliche side roads.

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Yep, Crossville is about an hour west of me. You got family up this way by chance?

I have to ask, what is a caliche side road? Been on a lot of gravel roads, dirt roads, pig paths, and even blazed a few new trails, but I don't reckon I ever been on one of them caliche side roads! :lol:

7. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

One of my dad's Air Force buddies from WWII lived there--Junior Kearly. Caliche is the crushed white rock and sand roads that Crossville had all around. Our car was white tinted the whole time we were there. BTW---they were building I-40 at that time and we picked up arrow heads in the freshly rained on places. It was a great time .

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That was a long time ago, I can remember when they were building I-40, just a kid.

Arrow heads are a good find, beads are the best.