Yesterday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rast, Apr 9, 2010.

1. rast

rast New Member

I had a rough day at work, wife had a rough day, not good. We carpool. Got home, wife gets on computer in barn, I decide to get the swarm hive at the back of the barn down to a more manageable level. I had thrown a second box on them about 2 weeks ago with foundation in it. Shouldn't be very heavy (I have a weak right arm past horizontal). I slid the hive off to set it on a table 2 1/2' lower, They had already built out the entire top box. It tilted, top box came off, landed upside down. Bees were, well, very upset. Oh yeah, I had shorts on, Fl. ya know. As I am straightening up the hive after changing pants, wife lets me know the monitor has caught on fire. I run in and sure enough flames coming out of the bottom of the monitor. Jerk all plugs out of the battery backup. It goes out. Finished putting hive back together. Bees are still upset today, I checked, queen is ok.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

WOW what a day!! Sounds like you and the wife need a good quiet evening together to sit back and relax.

I sure hope you have a great weekend!!

G3

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

All I can say is OUCH!

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Sorry to hear of all the trouble you've had. Makes you wonder what's going to happen tomorrow. :confused: Jack

5. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Must've just been an unlucky day all the way around... I had a bad day too... maybe not THAT bad, but I forgot to shut off the headlights on the car so the battery died and I didn't have the other car to jumpstart it from and needed to meet my wife at her office to hand off my son so I had to recharge the battery using the battery charger which took about half an hour to get it to start, then once I got it started about half a mile down the road I ran out of gas (it's a chevy so the gas guage doesn't work so I just have to keep track of the mileage, which I thought was still good but I forgot that we've been running the A/C this past week so the tank doesn't go quite as far as it used to). Hoofed it back home in the rain, with my 3 year old, grabbed the gas can for the mower which still had a gallon in it, hoofed it back to the car in the rain with my 3 year old... thankfully it had already recharged the battery enough to re-start, but sheesh.

Some days everything just goes to crap and the only thing you can do about it is wait for the next day.

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

See there, you get to talking about getting rid of the little chevy and she got mad at you. :lol: :lol:

I truly hate to walk in the rain.

have a better day today.

G3

7. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

I really wish I could have just a bad day. It has been nearly a years since the fat hit the fire here and the stench still is hanging in the air.
    June 2009 My middle sister passed away after going into a coma for no knowen reason. Then it was the mess of settleing her estate although small. All that time Kares dad is getting worsce and worce with his colon cancer and is spend lots of time in radiation and chemo till hollowween night when he was so bad he went to the hospital. He passed away in November, the day we buired him my mom fell and broke a hip at 88. Her heart was in such shape it took nearly a week to be able to operate on it. then a week latter she is in a nurseing home still not doing well. Kares mom calls about November 12th and is a great deal of pain. Off to the hospital with her where she was given pain meds and told it might be her gall bladder. those trips to the doctors and hospitals went on till About December 10th when they removed her gall bladder. The pain didn't stop.
    My mom is going down hill at the same time. Kares mom is finall sent out for a MIR. they found a cracked verabre and other bones weak from ostprosis. She is put on pain meds and told to take it easy. Pain meds are not helping so back to the doctors for stronger stuff. Has to take the meds every 4 hours so some one has to be there to wake her and help her in her sleep grogy state.
    Hot scalding coffee get spilled in my moms lap. she has a huge area of 3 degree burns and even more of 2 and 1 degree burns and she is getting worsce.
    Kares mom is back at the doctors as the pain meds still are not enough. she is put on a patch. they are finally working and know one has to be there to wake her and help take the meds at night.
    My Mom finally dies. Now there is the estate mess 3 hours away and Kares mom still isn't 100% so some one has to shop for her.
    Ya just give me one bad day, I'll take it withj a smile.
    Sorry you had a ruff time of it. Remember to shut the lights off when the engine isn't running and keep the fuel tank full at all times or just fix the gas gauge.

:mrgreen: Al

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Al I am very sorry to hear of all the things going on in your life, lots of tuff things all at once it seems. You must have some big strong shoulders for the burden that was placed on you, because only the strong can handle it. Hang in there buddy, it will get better.

G3

9. rast

rast New Member

Allley, I truly feel for you. As G3 said, hang in there. I have no one left on my side of the family except an estranged brother and some cousins, only one you could call close.
    At least you have us to tell and even though its on the internet, we begin to care for each other. We'll be here for you if you need us. If I could be there to put my arm around your shoulder, I would.

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I guess Al has put 'bad hair day' in prospective for us all???

11. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Thank You all. Figured I was preped for these days 43 years ago.

The bees and worrying about them takes the mind off other matters.

12. the kid

the kid New Member

And to think .. I was thinking , our last four weeks was crap .. I guess they were good weeks .. the daughter has been having things going on that ,,,, well we thought were bad . as we stayed with her at her place ,, to keep a eye on things ...
    but now I'm thinking it was a cake walk ...

13. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Tom You know about a couple other deaths we went thru last year too. Looseing a dog you had for 14 years is like loosing some other loved one. And my hunting partner we had been together since mid 1968.

As they say all good thing must come to an end,, all bad things have to also.