yet again for goodness sakesl!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barry42001, Jan 24, 2013.

1. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Well I am off to see my surgeon tomorrow infection in the incision we all thought I was knocked down however that does not seem to be the case anymore so back to see him again with strong probability I will be read admitted to the hospital again more intervenous antibiotics for a couple of more days I do have to tell you this is really getting old. :-/
    Barry

2. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Ah Berry, so sorry. You need to set a reward of a few days at the beach when you are completely in the clear. Better take your bee books and notepad to write down all your ideas and plans for this season while your bored to tears in the hospital. But, let's hope you don't have to stay...

3. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Barry, The run you've had of it sucks. Having said that...and having had more problems than anyone could deem "normal", have you thought of buying a lottery ticket? :wink: Just a thought.

Hope things start to get better for you.

Walt

4. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Thanks Walt and Blueblood.
    Barry

5. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

hang in there bud, gotta be an end to this crap streak soon , then the roads filled with all good thngs:thumbsup:

6. Marbees

Marbees Member

Hope your luck changes for better, very soon. Hang in there Barry:thumbsup:

7. Omie

Omie New Member

Poor Barry! My sympathies go out to you!

8. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

when my sister had a persistent infection we finally had to call in the communicable disease folks to get it taken care of... I myself would ask the surgeon directly if he would consider sending a sample to the Atlanta lab and if he flat out told me no I would actively go looking for another surgeon. drug resistant infections are most often times much larger than any single doctor's ability to manage that kind of problem. perhaps it is just me????? but if a doctors ego is all that is standing between me and being well again then the doctor's ego has got to go!

9. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Wow Barry!
    Hang in there buddy, things have got to get better.

10. oblib

oblib New Member

Stay persistant on getting treated. Just recently had a friend with a recuring post op infection like yours. He got tired of being in the hospitol over and over and decided to wait a couple weeks before he told the doc that it was once again back. He wanted to spend christmas at home with the family. Instead the family got to see him die on christmas eve and bury him just after christmas. He was 25. You just can't play around with infections.

11. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Will no hospital stay for now...after 4 courses of vancomycian in ( which is considered to be the really big against mrsa ) Shands last week and 10 days of doxycycline my surgeon believes that while they're still is a persistent small infection with 3 days left on antibiotics I should be fine residual effects will continue for yet another week. I return to see him on the 31st and if it hasn't progressed beyond what it is by then he will consider another course of action.
    Barry

12. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

And Tec, I agree with you. Except for the fact that Shands has culture what was in my neck if you can believe it the ignorant prick didn't tell me but they did tell the rehab folks but they need to gear up a bit with gloves and mask for me to attend rehab which I start on Monday finally. I guess I'm a little upset not because of their findings I already knew that but that for a second time I was not told what the findings were.
    Barry

13. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

The good news no hospital the bad news there still is some infection there and it has been confirmed as MRSA so what they're using is absolutely the correct antibiotics for this strain. I am back home resting trying to do everything with your right arm is difficult and I have been using my left arm far more than I should have with only the smaller muscles working have to stop that 4 if I damaged those muscles that are working then I'll have nothing the good news is I go to rehab Monday start getting the use of my arm in Ernest.
    Barry

14. HisPalette

HisPalette New Member

Hang in there, prayers will continue. Keep up your spirits and happy healing thoughts.
    Seems i missed a lot...been tied up delivering our 7 new husky children.

15. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

lol I will take the puppies over this any day.
    Barry

16. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I wouldn't go contrary to the doctor's orders, but if the area of the infection is accessable externally, could you think of bandaging it with honey on the dressing? I don't think it could hurt any and it might be just the thing to do the trick.
    Barry, we're all pulling for you.:thumbsup:

17. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

well I'm well into my rehabilitation now and a great deal of mobility has returned to my left arm not anything close to what it should be but I can see great progress has been madeI have no idea when I will be returning to work as of yet when 4 pounds becomes a major weight lifting accomplishment and 15 repetitions is a chore that bothers me immensely because I know how strong I was with regards to be keeping because I've been staying with my girlfriend I have not been able to see my bee's for about a month I hope to be able to have another look at them in another week or 2 I would also like to get some replacement packages but with the nectar flows being what they are I might have to wait until next year, nectar flows are just too unpredictable actually that's not correct it is very predictable there's just so much time in between nectar flows of any consequence.
    Barry

18. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

well wishes to you barry.....:grin:

19. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Still pulling for you! :)

20. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

'Attaboy Barry--:thumbsup:--keep that positive approach and soon you'll be doing 15 reps of 15 lbs without having to think about it. :grin: