Yet another proplis question.

Discussion in 'Products of the Hive' started by alleyyooper, Sep 21, 2009.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

You can collect a lot of the stuff just scraping th eframe rest and end bars. That stuff in normally pretty clean. But when you scrape the supers, top bars and other hive parts you get wax and other debre in it. How do you clean or seprate the junk from the proplis???

:mrgreen: Al

2. Charles

Charles New Member

3. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

While al the information in that link is informtive it isn't help full in finding out how to clean hive scrapeings. Sure does seem to be a hard question to answer. I suppose most people just scrap and throw out any thing that doesn't melt into a wax block.

:D Al

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Charles that is a great link for propolis.

5. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

I remove any obvious large junk and will sit with a big cookie sheet pick back and forth with a tweezer while watching a ball game. I market my propolis being better than 95% pure.

I do not wash, clean, or do anything else to it. I am selling a "raw" form propolis and even comment that I leave it to the end consumer to decide how it should be processed and further refined depending on the use intended. I'm not about to use an alcohol wash or other solution prior to selling it. My customers seem to want it pure and they know what they are doing with it afterwards.

6. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Thats what I want as pure as I can get. Guess the pick with the tweezers is going to have to be enough but while watching a ball game. Gads we have the likes of the Lions and Tigers here, more excitement watching a couple of snails race.

:mrgreen: Al