zoom zoom....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tecumseh, Dec 16, 2009.

1. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

got a new little ride here and this little baby is so sweet and so fast. definitely not a rag top however.

2. Charles

Charles New Member

Sounds interesting, do tell :)

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

don't just leave us hanging, pics, we need pics man!! :mrgreen:

G3

4. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

OOOH, interesting.,What kind of zoom,zoom might yours be?

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a brand new little baby mac with a wireless internet connect. a 'christmas' present from my very lovely wife*. I have been gettin' along here for the past decade on a very used computer (well actually obsolete when I purchased them) and a dial up internet connection. real stone age stuff according to my wife.

*a totally unrelated item..... for those of you who might have cable or dish tv reception mizz tecumseh had a very small roll in a series produced by national geographics called the hunter and the hunted. the episode was about a young man (student) in Canada who was supposedly killed by a wolf. mizz tecumseh was the expert 'scientist' on the show.

6. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Sounds like one of the kinds of things we would love to watch....but we don't have pay tv at all :cry: Please share the name of the series with us though and I'll try to find it online or rent it sometime.

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

mama beek.... the series was call The Hunter and the Hunted and it was produced by National Geographics. Folks tell us that they still see it on the Discovery Channel from time to time. The series was one of those 'who done it' programs flipping the question of who was the hunter and who was the hunted in some interaction between man and some wild beast.

the real hoaky context of such programs is they wanted 'the scientist' to wear a lab coat when ever they appear in front of the camera. this must come from some image burned into a film makers mind long ago when they watched their very first frankenstein movie. given the line of work of my wife does (I would call her as a wildlife biologist) she has never worn a lab coat in here entire professional life.

8. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try to catch it sometime. Lots of times people upload stuff like that to the internet, then we can watch it.

Have fun with your new zoom zoom. I've never used a mac but hear that they are great.

9. Charles

Charles New Member

Sounds like a fine piece of machinery ;-) I'll keep an eye out for the show too!